Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Life or Something Like It...

The past two weeks have been filled with great joy, relief, healing, and deep pain. 

Grant had his surgery and everything went swimmingly well. Grant's Korean doctor described the surgery as "excellent." In addition, the surgery cost almost half of what we were originally told that it would cost. What an answered prayer! I had been praying about that the previous week. Grant's tingling in his leg and back pain have completely diminished and gone away. He just has a little vertigo when he gets up to walk around but that is also starting to decrease as well. Thank you so very much for all of your prayers.  Here is a picture of Grant looking up the results of the world of college football. As you can see, he is already feeling much better.
 On a most somber and grave note, just the other day, my family was shocked to lose one of our dear family members: my cousin Kevin. He was one of the most individualistic and unique people I
 have ever known. He was creative, funny, very intelligent, amazingly wonderful with kids, and an exceptional writer.  He will be greatly missed!
Please be praying for my family and his immediate family as we try to sort
through everything during this tumultuous time. 

Life is so precious and often times unexpectedly short. We don't know when our day is to go home. May we live each day as if it were our last... Blessings to you all. 

3 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

Wow. Seeing his picture makes it so real...wow. So incredibly sad. I always say "I wish Grandpa was alive to see (this or that)"...but I'm so glad he's not here to experience this! He would be so heartbroken. So glad Grant is doing better and is on the road to recovery! Love you 2!!!

Jashley and Grant said...

Yeah, Grandpa would be devastated at this! Looking at this picture, actually makes me think of Grandpa, I think Kevin looked so much like him.

Alicia said...

So sorry and saddened for your family, babe -- we're praying for healing in the emotional and spiritual senses -- in the meantime I love you and tell Grant HELLO!