Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life in Transition(or Limbo)



The past few weeks have been filled with moments of serenity, pandemonium, tears, giggles, stress, blessings, and many joys! We have been moving from our little "Love Shack"(our first lil' home) in DeSoto to the Boatwright Homestead, packing up all of our precious wedding gifts, getting our visas, prepping for South Korea, and going to all of our doctors check-ups. Oh yeah, I also changed my hair color to an auburn brown color! I like it, I'm still getting used to it! I think I have shocked a lot of people with the drastic change!

We have been blessed with being able to live with Grant's parents the past few weeks. They have been so encouraging and uplifting about our impending adventure! Last Friday, we got the chance to visit with some of our family and friends at a goodbye-get-together dinner at the Boatwrights.

The following Sunday, we got the huge blessing of getting to go to the Spiral Diner in Ft. Worth for some organically amazing pancakes(the best I've ever had in my whole life) and to the Kimbell Museum in Ft.Worth to see the Impressionist exhibit from Chicago. It was such a good idea that Jillian and Jonathan had! Jillian and Jonathan were so thoughtful and treated us to breakfast. Also, my mom, Jarrett and Jacob got to come with us. Some of my favorite paintings were Degas's: "Yellow Dancers" and Renoir's: "Woman at the Piano." While walking through the exhibit, I got goosebumps at seeing all of the beautiful, exquisite paintings that I had always studied and dreamed about getting to view. It was very hard to say goodbye to my family.

After going to the Kimbell, we had a delightful visit with Jabrielle, my dad, Jillian, and Jonathan. We ate some vegetarian pizza from a local Italian restaurant. It was scrumptious! It was really great getting to see Jabby for a short awhile and getting to visit with my dad. I love my family so very much no matter the distance or what happens in this life. I am going to miss them terribly.
The Ragsdale Family: Jillian, Jonathan, and Isabella. Jillian also prepared a homeopathic first aid kit for us to take to Korea. She has been such a blessing throughout this whole process of going to Korea. She and Jonathan have created a wonderful green life for their family. I am proud of how she lives her life in such a healthy and organic manner. Here is her blog: http://www.ourgreennest.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Our Green Nest said...

Tu for the sweet sweet words...Such a fun day before you two left! Love and miss you so much!!